fam and nautilus (again)

I have some questions and concerns about fam.

I installed the rpms that were at the link below;  that is, i got rpms
from

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/i386/Fedora/RPMS/

At that time (15 days ago approx) one found fam-2.6.10-4.i386.rpm.  the
umount problem was NOT resolved.  as usual, if you try to umount the
disk, nautilus (or even the command line) will complain that the device
is busy and that fam is holding on to it.  I do have to say that the
problem is less consistent now.  before, umount would NEVER work (i.e.
you would always get the error the device is busy) but now you get the
error once in a while.

I went back to the website above and there is a new
fam-2.6.10-7.i386.rpm, i tried this rpm hoping that the umount problem
will be fixed.  However, by default, fam is disabled in the rpm.
Looking that the changelog, it appears that it has problems with
SELinux.  Now, i am not too sure what SElinux, but i have redhat 9
system and i don't think I have installed SELinux.

So, my questions are

1)  can i safely turn fam on?
2)  has it resolved the umount problem?

thanks,

amp

On Tue, 2004-03-02 at 18:28, amarpreet rattan wrote:
> Looking at your post
>
> http://oss.sgi.com/archives/fam/2004-02/msg00000.html
>
> the post says that 'you have added it to the redhat rpms'.  where are
> these rpms?

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/i386/Fedora/RPMS/

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a maverick drug-addicted gentleman spy in a wheelchair. She's a
mistrustful out-of-work schoolgirl who don't take no shit from nobody. They
fight crime!