can't umount - Nautilus keeps open files

This is one of my longest lasting and most bothering problems
with Gnome:

After having worked with files on removable media with Nautilus
I can't umount device in question because there are open files there.

lsof shows fam holding them, but it occurs only and only when I
view mounted device with Nautilus.

I'm experiencing this since I started to use Gnome (10 months ago),
on more than one computer. I'm using Debian/unstable, but as it is
long lasting problem, I don't thing it is distribution related.

Thanks for any tips or experience.

Vitezslav Kotrla