No scripts showing (not the usual problem)

I have a very strange problem, my scripts do not show up on one laptop no
matter what I try (short of a full reinstall)
Its running fedora2, nautilus 2.6.0 ect
I have used scripts sucsessfully for a while so I have checked all the usual
things.

I copy scripts to the .gnome2/nautilus-scripts location, make the
executable, but no "scripts" option appears in the context menu.
The scripts will work from the command line.

I have the exact setup on my desktop PC and it all works fine there - using
the same scripts

-Greg