RE: mounting removable media in 2.6

> May I suggest dragging the Computer icon to your panel?

Did you really mean "dragging"? I tried, dragged, but drop didn't
do anything. I tried to drag "mountpoint icon" from "Computer"
folder to panel instead, it produced small Gnome foot-question-mark
icon there. When I double-click this icon, a got dialog saying

  Can't show "computer:///removable.drive".
  There is no viewer installed for Nautilus which is able
  to show this file.

  (Sorry, this is only rough translation as I use Czech locale)

So far so bad :-/

Vit