RE: shortcut F2 for file rename no more in 2.6?

Ross,

thanks for swift reply.

> > Seems like pressing F2 for renaming files (which I used in
> > 2.4)  doesn't work
<snip>
> This works for me everywhere but on the desktop, which is a
> metacity bug as far as I know.

Aha. I'm trying right now - yes, apart from desktop it seems to work.
I'll have a look at that Metacity bug details.

> If you mount/umount that frequently, the Quick Mount applet?

Well, not exactly one of my favorites. IMHO for any mount point I
got to have one applet running, which I don't like (apart from fact
that a few of these big applets eats a lot of space on my panel).

Is there any way to get that desktop context menu entry back?

(It wasn't so bad idea anyway, as mounted "drives" reside on desktop
anyway and can be unmounted there, so to conserve symmetry
something to represent  "mountability" somewhere near desktop is fine
and that menu entry was just at hand.)

Vit