Re: POSIX ACL

El mié, 09-06-2004 a las 20:03, +0300, Ionut Cotoi escribió:
> Well I think we can start with the implementation for the UNIX
> filesystems which support ACL using the code provided in getfacl and
> setfacl CLI utilities in gnome-vfs. And for instance, if we hit the
> advanced button on the permisions sheet on a file which is on a
> filesystem that doesn't support POSIX ACLs, the user will be presented
> with a "Not supported on this filesystem error!" or better, show the
> Advanced... button grayed.
> What do you think?

I think it's better mix everything and you let the user add only the
supported bits.

For example, from Windows you can see the standard unix permissions like
normal ACLs thanks to Samba, it's just a way to find a good mapping. The
user does not need to know that they have normal rights and special
ones.

Cheers.

--
Carlos Perelló Marín