Re: UI Mockup Round 2

http://www.ethanzimmerman.com/images/nautilus_toolbars_style_1.png
I miss two things in the path toolbar. First there should be an up button. The second is that the top directory should have a widget too. In the example the path starts with home. So you can´t easily go up to the top.

In a separate thread I proposed a very different approach to path display and entry especially for spatial mode. You have a separate path input field with auto completion that could be implemented as a panel applet. This field always shows the path of the currently shown nautlius spatial folder. We could implement bash like completion in this window and open a new spatial folder when manual input is done. The advantage is that the spatial windows are not overloaded with ui elements. Perhaps this panel applet could also hold a central bookmarks menu.

Here is our discussion for reference:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/usability/2004-May/msg00045.html

Christian Schneider