RE: [RFC/PATCH] Nonotify - A simplistic way to determine directory content changes

On Fri, 2004-06-04 at 03:04, Eugenia Loli-Queru wrote:
> >Might be interesting for the nautilus developers as well. Perhaps this
> could be used by "fam" instead of dnotify.
>
> I would advocate for any notification solution that doesn't involve FAM.
> Slackware doesn't want to ship FAM because it is "very unsecure and its code
> quality is terrible" and so many slack users are left without live
> notifications on gnome. If something can be done to replace FAM, I am all
> for it.

I totally agree that fam is crap, but thats orthogonal to replacing the
underlying kernel notification mechanism. One could replace fam without
replacing dnotify, and replace dnotify without replacing fam.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's an uncontrollable native American rock star trapped in a world he never
made. She's a hard-bitten communist hooker from the wrong side of the tracks.
They fight crime!