Re: No "Open new window" on Background menue?

Baptiste Mille-Mathias wrote:
Heinrich Rebehn wrote:

Hi list,

I just upgraded von Gnome 2.4 to 2.6 and i noticed that the desktop background menue is lacking the "Open new window" item. Since i have been using this a lot: how can i restore it, or more general: Where can i edit this menue?

Greetings,
    Heinrich

Hello Heinrich,

I think the "Open new window" item disppeared with the swith to the spatial nautilus mode. I don't know the reason why it disappeared and as the search tools doesn't work for the moment, I have no clue.

Perhaps could you try to switch back to the browser mode (gconf key : /apps/nautilus/preferences/always_use_browser) ?

Hi Baptiste,

I have already done that, but it makes no difference :-(

Any other ideas?

- Heinrich

--

Heinrich Rebehn

University of Bremen
Physics / Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Department of Telecommunications -

Phone : +49/421/218-4664
Fax   :            -3341