Re: Extending WebDAV featureset?

El lun, 31-05-2004 a las 13:21, Sidnei da Silva escribió:
> On Mon, May 31, 2004 at 12:39:13PM -0500, Manuel Amador (Rudd-O) wrote:
> | > Not really. Gnome-vfs doesn't expose low-level properties of the
> | > protocol like that. It tries to make everything look like a posix
> | > filesystem layer.
> |
> | Could a mechanism (in the spirit of a ioctl layer or sumthin) be made
> | available on gnomevfs which would support that?
> |
> | It would be awesome to "lock" a file in a webdav share by just
> | right-clicking on Nautilus.  Or request specific server-supplied
> | operations like "check in" or "approve".  Nautilus would then make a
> | really really really really great workflow client, without any extra
> | fuss.
>
> Which was exactly my intention! Now if only I knew enough of gnome-vfs
> to do that...

I suggest to prototype a new function/entry point into libgnomevfs which
would be called something like:

gnomevfs_get_special_ops(*);

that would return a linked list/hash table with structs of name/value
pairs like:

struct GnomeVFSOperation {
gchar* handleName;
gchar* friendlyName;

}

where handleName would be e.g. "lock" and friendlyName could be a
translatable string like "Lock file",

and another function:

gnomevfs_exec_special_op(*,gchar *op_name,whatever*targets);

to request application of the op_name requested operation on targets.

of course I don't really know anything about gnomevfs but this may be a
starting point.  Or it may not =)

--
	Manuel Amador (Rudd-O)
	GPG key ID: 0xC1033CAD at keyserver.net