Re: sort order in Nautilus

<quote who="Kotrla Vitezslav">

>   001a.txt
>   001b.txt
>   001.txt
>
> but he would (and me too) expect 001.txt in the first place.
>
> Is it bug, feature, or is there any sorting rationale behind?

I'd say it's because "a" comes before ".", and "." is not a particularly
special character in *nix filenames, so it's not ignored as part of the
search order as it is in other operating systems.

- Jeff

--
linux.conf.au 2005: Canberra, Australia                http://linux.conf.au/

  "Ever since GNOME development began, I have urged people to aim to make
    it as good as the Macintosh. To try to be like Windows is to try for
                      second-best." - Richard Stallman