Re: Connect to Server dialog

On Tue, 2004-07-13 at 12:24 -0500, Jerry Haltom wrote:
> What about services which do not require a Username and/or password.
> Doesn't it make sense to delay asking for this information until it is
> required?
>
> For example, sftp might be using host keys, WebDav might be using another
> authentication method, smb:/// might be using NTLM and/or Kerberos.

The username key is pre-filled with your computer username and wouldn't
conflict in these situations unless you used the wrong username.

Delaying it would seem to require more popup windows asking questions
only if they are necessary.  I understand the idea, but  it's just
simpler if we get a username initially and then delay for password (if
required) in the key-ring manager.

~ Bryan