Re: new mime detection approach

Le mer 14/01/2004 à 17:57, Alexander Larsson a écrit :

> I'm sure some people will dislike this behaviour

I'm sure too. And it does nothing for the many filetypes which can be
thumbnailed - and there will be more and more of them.
I think you both gave it lots of thoughts, so why didn't you go with a
proper metadata system, correctly filled by compliant apps when they
save their files, and re-sniffed only when necessary ?