INSTALL or similar...

I've repotred a couple of bugs with Nautilus and I've been working on patches for stuff using a CVS version of Nautilus, but I can't compile it. Searching google I've found an old post to this mailing list for Nautilus 1.06 (or something similar) which was pretty helpful, back then. I've looked for an INSTALL file for the CVS version and I can't find one anywhere. I've looked in the docs folder and I can't find anything that helps me compile Nautilus-cvs in there aither.

Is there a place/file with instructions on how to compile Nautilus?

P.S.

I'm running a separate version of Gentoo linux under VMware and so I'm not at all bothered about overwriting my current version of Nautilus, if that makes any difference to anything.
I won't be losing anything if I just delete the virtual computer.

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
	Stuart Gilbert.