browsing SMB in nautilus-2.5.6 not working

On Mon, 2003-11-03 at 19:01 +0100, Jens Ansorg wrote:
> On Sun, 2003-11-02 at 17:56, Jens Ansorg wrote:
> > using gnome-2.4 I have an issue with browsing smb shares in nautilus.
> > I tried shares on the same machine (the linux server) and on a win2k.
> > I can access those shares with other apps, i.e. the SMB Browser that
> > comes with xfce4.
>
> update:
> interestingly it kind of works on another machine, my Notebook that has
> the same Gentoo-Linux with Gnome-2.4. There at least I can browse the
> network and access some folders; though at the second level it fails to
> show the content of folders

For quite a while now I follow the 2.5.x series. I nearly forgot about that but now I need to connect to a win machine again.

basically, I can connect:
jens lisamobile jens $ smbclient -L arnilukka
added interface ip=192.168.123.51 bcast=192.168.123.255 nmask=255.255.255.0
Password: *****
Domain=[LISANET] OS=[Windows 5.0] Server=[Windows 2000 LAN Manager]

        Sharename      Type      Comment
        ---------      ----      -------
        E$             Disk      Default share
        IPC$           IPC       Remote IPC
        D$             Disk      Default share
        print$         Disk      Printer Drivers
        I$             Disk      Default share
        Jens           Disk
        2002 Italien   Disk

        Server               Comment
        ---------            -------
        ARNILUKKA

        Workgroup            Master
        ---------            -------
        LISANET              ARNILUKKA

Now I try Nautilus:
Use the Gnome Menu "Network Servers" : I get a window containing one Icon "Windows network" - nice.
I open this: a new window pops up, empty. Then I get an error message:

"The folder contents could not be displayed."
Sorry, couldn't display all the contents of "smb:///".

Now, what's wrong?

thanks
Jens
--