RE: Nautilus, metadata and extendet attributes

The use of metadata would also allow some quite funky things.

For example virtual folders which contain all my math files, wirtten by John
Anonymous, created between January 4th and February 15th, designated as
draft and with a filename that contains "Differentialequations" (or whatever
they are called in english).

This would allow a step far above the hierachical filesystem.

While this is quite a complicated task with current situation and requires
the creation of an extensive framework (Medusa) this would be quite trivial
with metadata.

Hmmm... Filesystems as semi-structured databases and Nautilus as a cool
interface to this database. Cool. :)

Raphael