nautilus under fvwm2?

Is there some way of running nautilus under fvwm2?

Lately, I like to run gnome, but inside of gnome, I do almost all of my
work under two different VNC sessions.  Inside those VNC sessions, I like
to run fvwm2, mostly because it's easy to build, but also because fvwm2's
pager is -far- superior to the gnome pager.

However, I want to experiment with doing some sysadmin tasks off of
nautilus, but when I run nautilus under fvwm2, it wants to spawn an
additional vroot window, which is just a pain.  So my question boils down
to: Is there a way of running nautilus, without bring up that dang
additional vroot window?

Thanks!