Re: Default apps for files

Subodh Soni wrote:

Hi,
I noticed this in the latest build of nautilus from CVS HEAD.
In the nautilus window when I click on a newly created file (be it .txt
or any other format through any application) I get the following error: "Couldn't display "/dir/containing/the/file/file"".
I made a similar post recently, I'm having exactly the same problem, not just the newly created files, but every file.

Is it an expected behavior ? and we need to associate an application for
any new files created to have them opened directly through nautilus.
Doesn't nautilus attach a default application for the files ?
OR, Is it a bug ?
OR, I am missing something obvious (might be missing some packages)
which needs to be done in order to get this working ?
I have built gnome 2.9.x through jhbuild.
I have gnome 2.8.1 built through garnome. maybe a missing package? Is there somewhere where you configure file associations for nautilus?

Thanks & Regards
Subodh
regards,

manulite.