Re: Request: closing open windows when they're deleted
- From: Alexander Larsson <alexl redhat com>
- To: Artūras Šlajus <x11 h2o sky lt>
- Cc: Baptiste Mille-Mathias <bmm80 free fr>, Nautilus <nautilus-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Request: closing open windows when they're deleted
- Date: 30 Aug 2004 11:31:32 +0200
On Sat, 2004-08-28 at 14:36, Artūras Šlajus wrote:
> Št, 2004-08-28 12:36, Baptiste Mille-Mathias rašė:
> > No, this is the normal behaviour.
> > to close the parent you have to make ctrl+w.
> Ok, I'm sorry. What i meant.
> Let's say you have ~/parent/folder
> You navigate to it using Nautilus in splatial mode, without closing any
> Then you delete either ~/parent or ~/parent/folder
> Shouldn't Nautilus close window which points to folder which even
> doesn't exist? What will happen if i'll try to write to this folder?
> Copy something from it?
Sure, and nautilus tries to do this. It works for me when i try, but its
not always easy to do this if you have strange symlinks etc.
Alexander Larsson Red Hat, Inc
alexl redhat com alla lysator liu se
He's a leather-clad coffee-fuelled photographer fleeing from a secret
government programme. She's a chain-smoking goth mechanic from the wrong side
of the tracks. They fight crime!
] [Thread Prev