Re: Motion Picture Desktop background

begin  quote
On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 06:50:32 -0000 (UTC)
david sipsolutions net wrote:

> Hi Nautilus folks,
>
> this is of no priority what so ever, but a few weeks ago I was walking
> through the mall and saw some xp computers with a moving desktop
> background. That was some extra program, IIRC, but I thought it was
> really
> relaxing, since the landscape films being shown (nicely cut, so that
> you
> couldn't tell it was repeating) made the screen look like window. I
> realize that most of the time I have windows in front of my desktop
> background, but still.
> So if someone has the ambition to do maybe join forces with Totem and
> manage these motion pictures for Gnome, I'd be thrilled :)
>
> Anyhow as I said it's just a gimmick sans priority.

cat ~/bin/moviebackground

#!/bin/sh

mplayer -vo xv -fs -zoom  -rootwin -ao null -nosound -loop 0
-nomouseinput -framedrop -nostop-xscreensaver $*

I understand this is really not exactly what you are after, but, it
works for me ;)
( I used it this christmas for "The nightmare before christmas" as a
moving desktop background... it was hideously distracting as I caught
myself looking at the movie all the time )

//Spider

--
begin  .signature
Tortured users / Laughing in pain