Re: Spatial Nautilus - notes on usability

On Wed, 2004-04-07 at 10:54, Heinrich Rebehn wrote:
> Ryan McDougall wrote:
>
> [snip]
> >
> > If I have to navigate via mouse, I use the middle mouse button to close
> > the parent as I go. The only difference with browser mode is that the
> > spatialus windows appear in different places, and the mouse has to move
> > to keep up.
> [snip]
>
> Just a thought: Does it really have to be that way? If you close the
> parent while you go, why can't the new window appear at the same place?

Part of the spatiality is for folders to act like solid reliable
objects. That means they stay where you put them and don't move unless
you move them yourself.

However, if this is the first time viewing the window, we could place it
over the old one. In fact, in cvs HEAD we already do this.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's an underprivileged crooked barbarian who must take medication to keep him
sane. She's a mentally unstable gold-digging fairy princess living on borrowed
time. They fight crime!