Exposing Hidden Files in the UI

Someone said that they don't want to expose the .hidden file feature in
the UI, but I would like to suggest a way of doing this that is
consistent and useful:

Firstly we have a View->Show Hidden files menu item which shows dot
files, backups and files in .hidden - all of them with reduced alpha
icons.

To hide a normal file you click on it's properties and select hidden,
where-upon it will added to the .hidden file.

Then there is the issue of what happen when you go to the properties for
a dot file or backup file. There are two options:

* The hidden file checkbox is disabled
* The hidden file checkbox is checked and unchecking it adds it to a
.unhidden file and forces it to be shown in the ui.

Later

--
Mark Finlay
Computer Science Student