Re: Nautilus 2.6 - We're going all spatial

On Tue, 2003-09-16 at 17:19, Arik Devens wrote:
> It is also why comparing Windows 95 with what is being attempted here
> is not all that relevant I would think. The model in Windows 95 was
> flawed in a lot of important ways (as you have pointed out) and as such
> the illusion of file-is-folder was broken from the start.

I was just saying that Windows used to be mostly spatial and it got more
browser-like.  I meant to point out a trend that both Apple and
Microsoft have been following, and that is opposite to what the Nautilus
hackers are attempting.

(Also, I was explaining what was spatial in the original Explorer since
Seth was insinuating that I don't know what spatial means.)

That's all, I didn't mean to imply that Explorer's model was equivalent
to (or as good as) the Finder's, or the proposed Nautilus model.

-- Ettore