User mime types not working in Nautilus 2.2 and 2.4 [#48494 back again]

I am seeing the exact problem described in #48494 in Nautilus 2.2.4 and
2.4.0 on both FreeBSD and Slackware.  It looks like this bug might be
back.  I'm willing to take a deeper look into this.  I browsed a little
through libnautilus-private, and it looks like that's where I need to
be, but could someone fill me in on how the icon file name is obtained?
Any ideas why user-defined icons would not be loaded even though the
mime-type and action is?  Note, mime-types in the system mime-info
directory are working correctly, and show the correct icons.  Thanks.

Joe

--
Joe Marcus Clarke
FreeBSD GNOME Team	::	marcus FreeBSD org