RE: VFS or Nautilus view

On Wed, 3 Sep 2003, Frederic Crozat wrote:
> Not really.. Each brand does its own thing.. Fuji uses usb-storage but
> Canon uses its own protocol (supported by gphoto, hopefully..)

Canon uses PictureTransferProtocol (PTP).
It's supported by WinXP and OSX by default (people say) - so I'm feeling
this is an area we could improve on (preferebly(?) using gphoto).

> BTW, there used to be a start of gnome-vfs/gnome frontend to gphoto :
> http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/gphoto/gnocam/
>
> I've never been able to get it working, but it might be a good start..

Thanks, I'll look at that first thing monday!
Hopefully there is something of use there.

There is, however, already a frontend called gtkam that works wonderfully
(aside for one minor bug so far) with my Canon Ixus 400 =)

Thanks again for the pointers!

Peter Lundqvist                              /'\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign
Studentv. 32:22B                             \ / No HTML/RTF in email
752 34 Uppsala                                ×  No Word docs in email
Sweden                                       / \ Respect for open standards
--

True magicians commence their descent into the
dungeons of doom in a recursive manner.