Re: autofs and nautilus

On Sat, 2003-08-30 at 16:55, Ian Kent wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have recently taken on maintenance of autofs v4 and am investigating a
> problem with Nautilus and autofs.
>
> It appears that the if the Trash monitor scans the mounts at the time that
> an expire is happening it remounts the the automount entry. I have spent
> quite a while developing an understanding of what is happening but I can't
> think of a way to get around this purely within autofs. I am hoping that
> a solution can be found in discussion here on the list.
>
> Please help.

I'm all for fixing this in Nautilus, however i'm hardly an expert in
autofs or mounting in general. The nautilus volume handling code is
pretty gross, and at some point it will probably be rewritten.

However, is trash scanning really a problem? Don't we only do that on
startup?

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a hate-fuelled Jewish messiah with acid for blood. She's a sharp-shooting
junkie lawyer with an evil twin sister. They fight crime!