Re: editing the menu under applications:///

>> I am using RedHat 8.0 with GNOME 2.2 (?)  I have tried to change edit
>> items in the menu by using Nautilus.  I have successfully accessed the
>> menu items via applications:/// in Nautilius as root.  However I could
>> not change / add / delete items under applications:/// via Nautilus.
>>
>> Is there any other ways for me to change the contents of the menu?
>>
>> Mark
>
> The Customizing Your Menus section of the User Guide might be useful:
>
> http://www.gnome.org/learn/users-guide/latest/goseditmainmenu-54.html

As Mark here says, he is trying it with Nautilus, just as stated in the
guide to where you provided the link there. But the problem is, that Red
Hat has disabled the editing of the menu from nautilus, so the link I
provided helps a lot more, as there is real guidance on how to enable the
editing in Red Hat.

 Petri