Re: Double-click (mis)behavior

On Wed, 2003-10-29 at 22:39, Fabio Gomes de Souza wrote:
> Dear friends,
>
> After noticing some strangeness on how nautilus interpreted some of my
> doubleclicks, I decided to test GNOME's general doubleclick behavior a
> bit more deeply. The results follow:
>
> Below, when I mention "quickly as a doubleclick" means that your clicks
> must be done inside the doubleclick timeout.
>
> NAUTILUS - ICON VIEW AND DESKTOP
>
> - Select an item. Now, quickly as a doubleclick, click on the blank
> space and then click on the item you've selected. Despite the distance,
> nautilus would interpret the click as a doubleclick on that item.

However, it doesn't do this if you click on two different icons inside
the double-click time. I think this is a good behaviour. It makes it
easier to double click on an icon if you're not that good with the
mouse, and won't cause any problems.

> - Select varius items. Hold Ctrl. Now, quickly as a doubleclick, try to
> DEselect some entries. Some of the clicks would be interpreted as
> doubleclicks and the items will not be DEselected. Note that the inverse
> process (selecting quickly as a doubleclick) works as expected.

What I see on unselection is that the two clicks are interpreted
separately, so you first unselect and then select. While on selection a
double click is just interpreted as one operation (which selects). I'm
not sure which of these behaviours is right, but we should probably have
the same on selection/unselection.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a genetically engineered Jewish househusband who must take medication to
keep him sane. She's a time-travelling hypochondriac archaeologist with only
herself to blame. They fight crime!