Re: editing the menu under applications:///

> I am using RedHat 8.0 with GNOME 2.2 (?)  I have tried to change edit
> items in the menu by using Nautilus.  I have successfully accessed the
> menu items via applications:/// in Nautilius as root.  However I could
> not change / add / delete items under applications:/// via Nautilus.
>
> Is there any other ways for me to change the contents of the menu?
>
> Mark

Read the "Menu Editing in Read Hat 9" section from the bottom of this
page. I'd say it might help you, evne though you use RH8. The problem is
the same.

http://people.ecsc.co.uk/~matt/repository.html

Found that link rather easily by searching the forum archives of
http://www.gnomesupport.org

In prolem cases, that is a good place to search for help.

  Petri