Re: A modest spatial proposal

I don't like the idea of a sidebar on all spatial windows though. Window
size is very important in spatial mode, since you tend to have many
windows open at the same time, and repeating the sidebar for each window
wastes a lot of space. I mean, most people seem to disable the sidebar
in navigation mode even. However, we'll try to work on the problem of
getting to important locations quickly.

The sidebar is not present when the Finder is displaying windows is container mode, where a double click to navigate spawns a new window. When the window is browsing in place, the sidebar is displayed by default but can be easily minimized to icons only or minimized completely using a key combo or by double clicking the splitter. You can
also drag the sidebar completely closed as well.

Gene
Former Nautilus Engineer, current Finder Engineer