Re: cannot enter a folder

Jens Finke wrote:

On Thu, 9 Oct 2003, Jens Ansorg wrote:

using Nautilus 2.4.0

Under my Documents Ihave a folder for Images with various subfolders.
One of them I cannot enter/open/change into with nautilus. I get an
errormessage about "The Image collection view " beeing unable to
starting up.

This is a bug in Eye of Gnome and I would appreciate it very much if you could provide more information on this issue. Maybe you can also add an bugzilla entry (product: eog, component: collection).

Once I figured out that the view is connected to eog everything cleared up.
EOG didn't work anymore due to an updated library it depends on. After rebuilding eog the view in nautilus is back too.

I tried the tree sidepane. I can expand the folder there, I see
subfolders, I can enter the subfolders of the broken one but I see
nooooo way to open this one because I always get the "view error".

It would be wise for nautilus to fall back to a default view if one of
those special views fail.

Now, how can I disable this Icon view to be able to show this folder in
nautilus again?

Can't you just use the View selector in the location toolbar to switch to the nautilus icon view again?
No because I do not get to the point where I could use that. I cannot enter the folder so I cannot change the view type in nautilus - and that is bad :(

thanks
Jens