Re: changing the Desktop path

On Sun, 2003-11-16 at 02:40, Justin Findlay wrote:
> On Sun, 16 Nov 2003, Jeff Waugh wrote:
>
> > You shouldn't be changing these files manually. Change the same key, but
> > use gconftool-2 (cli) or gconf-editor (gui).
>
> <------------------------------------------------------------->
>
> On Sun, 16 Nov 2003, Curtis C. Hovey wrote:
>
> > run gconf-editor
> > check /apps/nautilus/preferences/desktop_is_home_dir
>

> Thanks for the immediate hint.  Do `gconftool-2' and `gconf-editor'
> automatically know all possible keys for all possible GNOME programs?

No.  But there are clues in the description displayed in gconf-editor.
The values for boolean is obvious, but without a description, we do not
know is a number has a range, or what values might be in a string.

I happen to know the answer to your question because I'm waiting for the
great enlightenment when desktop=home is the default behavior of all
desktops.

sinzui cox net
Guilty of stealing everything I am.