Positioning apps on the panel

Hello,

I didn't see a mailing list specifically for gnome-panel on the gnome website, but if there's a better place than here to ask about the panel, please let me know.

Anyway... I'm running gnome 2.4 on slackware 9.1, and when I start a new app, instead of appearing as the rightmost icon down on the panel, it gets positioned next to other instances of the same app. Is there a way to cause gnome to always put new apps at the right end of the panel? If not, I'd like to poke around in the code and try to make it possible; is this logic in the gnome-panel package, or is it in some other component that talks to the panel and tells it where to position new apps?

Thanks,
Anthony
http://nodivisions.com/