Re: Performance

Hi Alex,

On Mon, 2003-11-10 at 09:38, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> My guess is that konqueror is faster in this example because it matches
> mime types for mp3 by extension, instead of sniffing. I prefer getting
> correct results over speed though.

	Hmm - but surely our architecture is in fact rather good for the
"Instant Guesstimate" -> "refined perfection" type thing with the
add/changed type API ?

	Would it not be possible to instantly guesstimate the MIME type so the
icon view can render something quickly thats ~ 95% accurate, and then
step-wise refine the incorrect guesses later ?

	Then again I havn't dug there in many moons,

	Regards,

		Michael.

--
 michael ximian com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot