Re: Major change in desktop handling

On Thu, 2003-05-15 at 13:24, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> * KDE also uses ~/Desktop, and they put some special files in there. We
> need to examine how these interact with Nautilus and how we can avoid
> confusing the user with these files.

Mac OS X also uses ~/Desktop, which could be an issue for anybody in an
environment where /home is an NFS mount.  I know there's not a whole lot
we can do to inter-operate, as Apple probably isn't interested.  But it
would be nice to do something intelligent with any weird Apple stuff in
~/Desktop, even if it's just intelligently ignoring it.

--
Shaun