Re: Major change in desktop handling

On Thu, 2003-05-15 at 11:24, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> * KDE also uses ~/Desktop, and they put some special files in there. We
> need to examine how these interact with Nautilus and how we can avoid
> confusing the user with these files.

KDE also has a way to move ~/Desktop to ~/<Whatever> which came in
really handy for a colleague of mine who had his Win98 desktop stuff
showing up in ~/Desktop.  Yes I know that Samba can be configured around
this but it's more difficult to change once people are up and running.

Could there be a Gconf setting for this?  If someone moves their KDE
Desktop we might want to be able to track it.  Is there any spec on
freedesktop.org about this?

--
George Farris <george gmsys com>