Re: Additional items in tree view

I know everybody loves the idea of a multi-rooted tree...

...but wouldn't it be more usable (and easier to implement) to have a way of _selecting_ between different roots, rather than using a multi-rooted tree?

For one thing, the list of folders in the tree sidepane is already so large as to necessitate a lot of scrolling, having a true multi-rooted tree is going to make that much worse. Seems like having the 'roots' listed at the top with an icon (or something like that), would be much quicker to navigate.

Also, some people have talked about having virtual roots based from, say, the user's home directory. In a multi-rooted tree it seems like that might be confusing, compared to only viewing one single-rooted tree at once (Click the 'Entire disk' icon, see the entire disk. Click the 'Fred's folders' icon, see only your home directory - assuming your name is Fred. Click the 'Local network' icon, see all machines on the lan, etc).

Darryl.