Re: HOWTO: Postscript/PDF/xfig thumbnails without rebuilding nautilus

On Mon, 2003-05-05 at 08:02, Peter Harvey wrote:
> On Sun, 2003-05-04 at 00:58, Steve Dunham wrote:
> > Below is an example of how to add external thumbnailers via
> > gconf entries. I searched google for a way to do pdf thumbnails
> > in nautilus, but I only found patches for Nautilus itself. So
> > I don't think this technique is widely known and thought someone
> > else may find it useful.
> >
> > I used perl scripts, because nautilus passes URLs for the source
> > filename, and I was too lazy to write shell code to decode them.

To add my two cents, I also had made something like this. I use
ImageMagick to generate thumbnails:

http://www.ifi.unizh.ch/staff/milmei/nautilus/

It works quite well here. Some pdf files however fail to get thumbnails
generated.

--
Gérard Milmeister
Tannenrauchstrasse 35