Re: commit: AbiWord is now a Nautilus View.

MArk Finlay <sisob eircom net> wrote:
> 1. "View as Abiword Component" - hmm could possibly be given a better
> name, but I'm just nit picking.

Using `Document' instead of `Component' would certainly be preferable.
"View as Formatted Text" sounds even better, I think; the only problem
with this term is that it also matches documents like .pdf or .ps which
are handled by other components.

> 2. Should nautilus views be full blown editing applications or just, as
> the name suggests - a viewer that lets you look at the file before
> opening it in the app to edit it. I'm not sure, maybe someone else on
> the nautilus list can comment.

My impression, at least, (from changes like the one from a editable
text-view to a non-editable one, for example) was that such componentes
should only be used as a viewer and not be editable.  Not sure whether
that's really the official position, though.

Regards,
Lars