Re: Refreshing the disks menu

On 26 Mar 2003, Jan Fabry wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I was wondering if it is possible to refresh the Disks menu from outside
> Nautilus. I need it for a digital camera that is detected by Hotplug,
> which calls `updfstab` to update /etc/fstab.
>
> The "Disks" submenu of the desktop menu only shows the devices that were
> present in /etc/fstab when Gnome started (I guess it's more correct to
> say: when the Nautilus desktop started). I would like to know if there
> is a command that I can call from the hotplug shell scripts that updates
> this disks menu.
>
> I have searched on Google many times, but found nothing about it, that's
> why I came here. All pointers to more information are welcome.

It seems like nautilus is not monitoring /etc/fstab for changes. It should
probably do this, and re-read when it changes. Would you be willing to do
this work?

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a suave alcoholic master criminal possessed of the uncanny powers of an
insect. She's a scantily clad punk pearl diver prone to fits of savage,
blood-crazed rage. They fight crime!