Re: Dragging and droping on the desktop
- From: "Manuel Amador (Rudd-O)" <amadorm usm edu ec>
- To: MArk Finlay <sisob eircom net>
- Cc: iain <iain prettypeople org>, nautilus-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Dragging and droping on the desktop
- Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 16:32:11 -0500
If it's using OpenGL, then can't be used as the nautilus canvas for the
desktop. Remember that GNOME has to run network-transparently (Sun
SunRays and the like) and I think evas won't perform adequately or at
all on remote displays.
MArk Finlay wrote:
On Sun, 2003-03-23 at 14:05, iain wrote:
On Sun, 2003-03-23 at 10:06, MArk Finlay wrote:
Has anyone ever thought of using evas as the desktop canvas?
It's the e17 canvas and apparently is really fast :)
And had issues with polygon shapes. It would draw them, but treated them
as squares with transparency.
Might have changed recently though.
donno, But all I hear is that it gets around a lot of X limitations
by directly using OpenGl.
If not now then when it becomes stable It'd be cool to see it
used in gnome ip appropriate.
] [Thread Prev