Re: Nautilus and themes

On Wed, 2003-06-18 at 09:56, David Adam Bordoley wrote:
> From: "John (J5) Palmieri" <johnp martianrock com>
> >
> > It supports icon themes now.  Nautilus themes only work with the old
> > Nautilus I belive though it is beyond me why they don't just relabel
> > them Legacy Nautilus Themes or get rid of them all together.  What you
>
> They are completely unsupported at all starting in 2.2 and in nautilus 2.4
> even the spinner is themed with icon themes. THe zoom button now uses gtk
> widget.
>
> Its worth noting that icon themes are not "Nautilus themes" since they will
> be used by many more applications and even gtk will be using them for the
> stock icon implementation.

This is good but somone should tell the art.gnome.org to chuck the
Nautilus Themes section or put it in an archive/unsupported section.  It
just causes confusion. Not to complain but sometimes I wonder why the
Gnome web sites are not held to the same standards as other core Gnome
projects.  It is part of the overall user experience.

--
J5