Re: [Usability] Re: Patches improving tree view (multi-root and auto-follow)

Il ven, 2003-06-13 alle 15:49, David Adam Bordoley ha scritto:
> > From: Alexander Larsson <alexl redhat com>
> >
> > I also suspect that having multiple roots will be the best solution.
> > However, that doesn't rule out that we should do some experimenting and
> > thinking about alternative solution.
> >
> > Looking at other file managers do and what people here think it seems
> > like multiple roots and tree-follows-view behaviour is the current
> > "best" solution. But lets do some more thinking before finalizing this.
> >

> Why not just implement a folder tree view ala every version of macos so that
> any folder you are viewing can be a tree? Seems alot more useful to me at
> least.

Can you describe it exactly? It should be a folder view, isn't it?

I think it can be a cool idea and new view (to add in 2.4. release notes
;-) ), but:
      * any Apple patents?
      * can it solve the trouble[1]?
      * what about hide/show only (sub)folders?

[1] It should be "explore quickly (sub)folders and jump directly to the
right one". The current tree pane + folder is really good when you have
to move a lot of files in separate folders (i.e. move all files
downloaded today from ~/download to ~/Images/?? and
~/Documents/GNOME/??? and ~/Archive/src/???)

--
Luca Ferretti <elle uca libero it>