Re: Patches improving tree view (multi-root and auto-follow)

Alexander Larsson wrote:

There is also a third way that seems to have most of the pros above.
Make each root a separate sidebar tab, and use the normal sidebar tab
selector to pick the one you want. I.E. you'd have both the normal tree
and a "Homedir" entry in the sidebar menu.

I think this third way would work pretty well for nautilus.
Wouldn't this overcrowd the sidebar tab selector? For quickly changing views, might some kind of separate selector within the treeview be better? A list of roots at the top of the tree-view?

* A way to add (and remove) custom treeview roots. One way would be by
just DnDing a directory to the menu, but we also need to have an
accessible/discoverable way in the menus.
We already have bookmarks (not to mention desktop files and symbolic links). Are we maybe getting a little too conceptually ecumenical?

Regards
Long.