Re: Nautilus desktop icons and metacity
- From: Bertrand <anneetbertrand wanadoo fr>
- To: Mark Finlay <sisob eircom net>
- Cc: "D. D. Brierton" <darren dzr-web com>, nautilus-list gnome org, David Adam Bordoley <bordoley msu edu>
- Subject: Re: Nautilus desktop icons and metacity
- Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 19:18:58 +0200
On Mon, 2003-06-02 at 03:04, David Adam Bordoley wrote:
I always sort of felt that we should follow the mac style.
User folders/files on the left. Mounted disks etc. on the right.
Trash in the bottom right.
Agreed - having mounts show up randomly is a pain. And the mac style
makes a lot of sense.
Mark Finlay <sisob eircom net>
Strange ! I do the contrary.
I'm a Mac and Linux user, and the first thing I do, setting up the
desktop in a new account, is : to put the trash, home, folders and
icons to the right. And all my documents after.
So I've got a "Mac" desktop.
And then I'm happy with my mountable volumes which appear at the same
place to the left ...
As many solutions as users...
] [Thread Prev