Re: Killing Views Part 2 - The return of the Usabilty study

On Mon, 2003-06-02 at 10:50, Alexander Larsson wrote:

> The original vision of Nautilus was as the universal viewer that would
> let you browse not only directories but all sorts of files. This idea is
> a large part of Nautilus both design-wise and ui-wise.

[snip]

> My personal goal for gnome is to continue to work towards a polishes
> system based on the navigation methaphor + universal viewer (for some
> types files) idea. I think we still haven't seen the fruits of this idea
> in its finished polished state, and I think its stupid to drop it when
> we've gotten halfway there. Especially when there is no proof that any
> other way is better.

Hooray! I just wanted to signal my agreement. There will always be room
for improvement and polish, but actually Nautilus works pretty much just
how I'd like it to. I was really shocked that some people wanted to
remove the viewers. I'm *so* pleased they're not going ...

Best, Darren

D. D. Brierton            darren dzr-web com          www.dzr-web.com