Re: nautilus tree side bar

On Fri, 2003-01-03 at 09:12, Damien Covey wrote:
> What you are describing is exactly what a lot of people have been
> requesting for a long while (I'm one of them).  I'd like to suggest the
> following structure.
>
>  >home-dir
wont work with the tree model which is at time in use (the hash table
lookup will fail - i think so) - i though already about a gnome-vfs
module which offers a home:// uri - wouldn't this be an idea ?
>  >external drives (ie floppy, flash, and the cool new burn:// uri)
everything which can be accessed with an uri can be added to it
>  >root-dir
>  >network (smb, nfs etc)
>  >printers (cups, lp, smb etc)
>

> I do not see the need for the preferences root though.
The user can add to his sidebar whatever he wants - thats what i've
planned (also not working at time)
> Also the latest
> Nautilus sidebar has changed somewhat, I'm not sure to what extent but
> maybe any work you intend to doing might be better done against 2.1.x ?
As far as i have seen the tree sidebar code hasn't changed really heavy
- or i am wrong at this point. But it should be a problem to merge it
into 2.1.x - because it is a bonobo component.