Does nautilus hang if an NFS server is unreachable?

Nautilus seems to be hung up on my machine.  If I try to run it, I only
get an error message to the terminal stating:

NFS server <servername> not responding still trying

(I've taken out the name of the server).

No nautilus window ever comes up, and no further error messages appear.
The nautilus process is still running, but idle.

Looking in my /etc/mnttab, I do find this server listed.  However, the
mounted directory is the /home/username of some other person on the
network, so there are no important (to Nautilus) files located there.  I
don't even know how the entry got into my mnttab.  I can't umount it,
because I don't have root access (corporate environment).  If I ping the
server, I find that it is indeed unreachable.

Is nautilus waiting for this server to become available?  Isn't there a
timeout specified somewhere?

This is nautilus 2.2.1 compiled on sparc solaris 8.  It ran just fine up
until now.

--
Peter O'Shea, Staff Product/Test Engineer
Analog Devices - Precision Converters / Digital Audio Group