Viewing pnm images in icon view

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out how to make the icon view of Nautilus show
thumbnails of PGM, PPM, and PNM images. Currently these just show up
with a constant icon.

I've been roaming the sources trying to figure out where it chooses
which extensions to show when turning on <<Preferences/Preview/Image
Files/Show thumnails: Always>>, but still haven't been able to figure
it out. Why doesn't Nautilus just show all file formats supported by
gdkpixbuf?

I would be most pleased if someone can enlighten me how to get this
working. Source changes don't scare me. 8-)

My version is the latest Nautilus from Garnome - version nautilus-2.2.0.2.

Regards,
Dov