Re: spring loaded folders

Message: 11
Subject: Re: spring loaded folders
From: Julien Olivier <julo altern org>
To: Alan <alan ufies org>
Cc: Nautilus-list <nautilus-list gnome org>
Date: 20 Feb 2003 09:38:45 +0100

> The other better question might be "what would be an easy and
gnome-ish way
> to allow someone to copy data from one folder to another without
having to
> open two nautilus windows?"

You can already do this using the tree view in the side pane (at least in nautilus 2.0.0). All it needs is just opening a folder item in the tree when the mouse drags data over it.

Another way in the BeOS one : "copy to", "move to" and "link to " items in the context menu, where you can browse in a tree view (see gnome-1.4 filemenu applet...) to select the target location. A lot quicker than spring loaded folders... The nicer feature in BeOS in my sense.

Bertrand Dekoninck